Cell Based Assay Scientist
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
We are looking to identify an experienced cell based assay scientist for a global organisation in Ireland. Are you an experienced Scientist with direct hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis using immunochemistry or cell based assay techniques and want to develop your career with a world leader? Would you like a very competitive salary and future career opportunities? If this sounds like you, please get in touch with us.
Cell-based assays, or bioassays, are designed to establish the potency and stability of a drug substance/product. Potency assays are necessary for regulatory submission and lot release, and must be validated to meet international guidelines and under GMP quality system compliance.
Under limited supervision, the Scientist's primary responsibilities involve supporting the design, conduct and oversight of development projects to create and validate new bioassay methods, enhancing existing methods, and transferring client-provided methods. Additional responsibilities may include consulting with clients, training of junior scientists, troubleshooting of instruments and method performance, and preparing technical reports and papers.
- Ph.D. in microbiology, immunology or cell biology and experience in developing cellular and immunologically based assays; or equivalent cumulative experience with a lesser degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis using immunochemistry or cell based assay techniques is required
- Strong foundation of knowledge in biological sciences and good aseptic techniques is essential
- Ability to develop analytical methods to meet international system suitability expectations is desired
- Experience training junior scientists is desired
- Working knowledge of ICH and USP guidelines and FDA GMP regulatory requirements is desired
- Good verbal and written communication skills are expected