Clinical Operations Business Leader
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Zest Scientific is looking to identify a Senior Clinical Operations professional to set the strategic direction of the business operations function in the UK for a Global Pharmaceutical Organisation. This UK based opportunity will be highly visible, managing a multidisciplinary team with influence on UK, European and Global Teams.
Through effective leadership, you ensure that clinical trials are initiated, conducted and supported to completion in a highly efficient and productive manner, applying metrics and past performance data to guide decision making. You will drive continuous improvement, implementing and delivering on initiatives that lead to process & tool simplification to deliver clinical trials more efficiently.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Line management of business support function leads: Study Start up Manager, Resource Manager, Finance Manager, Local Vendor Manager.
- Overseeing vendor management, contractual, financial and legal elements of clinical trial operations
- Providing strategic business insight to the UK Clinical Operations Head to ensure appropriate financial, business and resource planning across the Clinical Operations department
- Membership of UK Clinical Operations Leadership Team, which is accountable for setting the strategic direction clinical operations UK.
- Analysing local metrics to ensure processes and systems are in place to drive efficiency and reduce timelines across all UK clinical operations functions
- Ensuring strong relationship management and engagement of key internal and external stakeholders to ensure input is sought and all internal/external requirements are met, as applicable.
- Supporting study teams by partnering to propose and implement innovative technological/digital solutions to support recruitment of UK patients to clinical trials
- You will be educated to a degree level or equivalent, preferably in a medical/science-related field. Proven experience in clinical research/development or related industry.
- You are an excellent leader, with experience in leading and overseeing key business operations functions such as Vendor Management, Contracts, Resourcing, Finance, Business performance and analytics.
- Previous line management experience is essential
- Demonstration of excellent systems thinking, technological capability, critical thinking and strategic agility are key competencies for success in this role.
- You are someone who instigates and embraces change and engages teams effectively in new ways of working to ensure optimal efficiency and simplification, where appropriate.
- Excellent people management skills are required as well as collaborative skills to partner with a wide stakeholder network, both local and global, internal and external, to develop solutions and approaches that continue to drive the business forward.