Clinical Operations Business Leader
Zest Scientific is looking to identify a Senior Clinical Operations professional to set the strategic direction of the business operations function in the UK for a Global Pharmaceutical Organisation. This UK based opportunity will be highly visible, managing a multidisciplinary team with influence on UK, European and Global Teams.
Through effective leadership, you ensure that clinical trials are initiated, conducted and supported to completion in a highly efficient and productive manner, applying metrics and past performance data to guide decision making. You will drive continuous improvement, implementing and delivering on initiatives that lead to process & tool simplification to deliver clinical trials more efficiently.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Line management of business support function leads: Study Start up Manager, Resource Manager, Finance Manager, Local Vendor Manager.
- Overseeing vendor management, contractual, financial and legal elements of clinical trial operations
- Providing strategic business insight to the UK Clinical Operations Head to ensure appropriate financial, business and resource planning across the Clinical Operations department
- Membership of UK Clinical Operations Leadership Team, which is accountable for setting the strategic direction clinical operations UK.
- Analysing local metrics to ensure processes and systems are in place to drive efficiency and reduce timelines across all UK clinical operations functions
- Ensuring strong relationship management and engagement of key internal and external stakeholders to ensure input is sought and all internal/external requirements are met, as applicable.
- Supporting study teams by partnering to propose and implement innovative technological/digital solutions to support recruitment of UK patients to clinical trials
- You will be educated to a degree level or equivalent, preferably in a medical/science-related field. Proven experience in clinical research/development or related industry.
- You are an excellent leader, with experience in leading and overseeing key business operations functions such as Vendor Management, Contracts, Resourcing, Finance, Business performance and analytics.
- Previous line management experience is essential
- Demonstration of excellent systems thinking, technological capability, critical thinking and strategic agility are key competencies for success in this role.
- You are someone who instigates and embraces change and engages teams effectively in new ways of working to ensure optimal efficiency and simplification, where appropriate.
- Excellent people management skills are required as well as collaborative skills to partner with a wide stakeholder network, both local and global, internal and external, to develop solutions and approaches that continue to drive the business forward.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728