Zest Scientific has been instructed to recruit an expert data management professional for a world leading research organisation in Cambridge. We are looking for a strong data manager, skilled in large data coupled with extensive biological knowledge and interest, and familiarity with major biological data resource. If you also have knowledge of relational databases (e.g. postgres, SQL) and common scientific languages such as R and/or python, then we would be very keen to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Data/Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
- Experience organizing and distributing large scale data.
- Experience with data analytics and/or visualization tools and techniques.
- Experience using AWS for genomic data storage and analysis.
- Knowledge of biological principles, and a clear understanding of data types / formats (e.g., BAM, FASTQ) and their scientific use (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, etc.).
- Strong experience working and programming in a Linux environment.
- Strong biological knowledge and interest, and familiarity with major biological data resources.
- Experience in working with and knowledge of relational databases (e.g. postgres, SQL) and common scientific languages such as R and/or python.
- Contributing to multidisciplinary research programmes by developing methods for the management, storage and retrieval of data from experimental and computational projects
- Developing, documenting, populating, and maintaining databases, APIs, and web portals to store and serve genomic data and other data types.
- Liaising with experimental and computational biologists, and machine learning experts, to understand their data needs and to develop the best strategy for data management.
- Providing technical expertise by contributing to proposals, meetings, and business development activities.
- Performing quality control on incoming data using existing computational pipelines.
- Developing SOPs that account for each step of the process.
- Working with external and internal sequencing platforms.
- Manage data submission to public data repositories.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the data flow from collection through analysis.
- Import and organize data from external sources for comparative analysis with internal data.
- Use data surveillance tools and strategies to provide aggregate level reviews to identify patterns or anomalies in our data
Our client is a rapidly expanding organisation at the forefront of expert research. They are actively looking to recruit the best from the research sector, so if you are looking to develop your career with a progressive organisation, this role could be for you.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728