Flow Cytometry Technical Specialist - Cambridgeshire
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Zest Scientific is looking to identify an experienced Flow Cytometry Scientist to fulfill the role of Senior Technical Specialist for a leading organisation in Cambridgeshire. The Senior Technical Specialist (Flow Cytometry) will provide expert technical and scientific input into assay design, troubleshooting problematic assays and provide technical support to sales enquiries.
- To provide technical and scientific support to Sales regarding enquiries and costing of studies.
- To assist in obtaining new business and be involved in Sponsor meetings and inspections.
- Evaluate new Flow Cytometry instrumentation and technology for implementation in the department to ensure current services remain competitive.
- Take a lead role in sourcing, validating and the implementation of new Flow Cytometry technology.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of scientific developments.
- Identify with Sales and Translational Sciences, novel assays to be developed for effective competition within the market place.
- To be proficient in the conduct of validation studies.
- To conduct, supervise and monitor the development or improvement of analytical methods with focus on Flow Cytometry.
- To be proficient in trouble shooting and problem solving of methods.
- To critically review study data and tabulate for reporting as required.
- Liaise with Translational Sciences and toxicologists for the suitability of assays and with the final interpretation of data for input into study reports.
- To train analytical staff in Flow Cytomtery including theory of analysis and use of instrumentation.
- To perform all studies within the guidelines of the study protocols, SOPs and in compliance with the principles of GLP/GCP.
- To be competent in study/laboratory-related activities, checks and record keeping.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with Team Leaders, Study Managers, other Technical Specialists and Translational Sciences where appropriate to effectively plan work and maintain time lines.
- Critically evaluate Flow Cytometry procedures ensuring quality, scientific integrity and regulatory compliance are maintained.
- To be recognised internally as an expert in Flow Cytomtery and knowledgeable in a number of new technologies.
- Providing expert advice on analytical methods, results and problem resolution of technical and scientific issues to Study Managers, internal toxicology customers and Sponsors.
- Represent the department in Client meetings and at scientific meetings/symposia/conferences as required.
- Life Sciences Degree
- Able to analyse and review complex multicolour flow cytometry data (ideally using FCS Express)
- Competent in cell based assays (method development, transfer and validation)
- Previous experience of working to GLP and GCP
- Manage studies as required – to include scheduling work, data analysis and review, report writing
- Be able to liaise with clients to provide technical support, advice, pricing and win new business for the company.
Flow Cytometry Specialist Jobs Cambridgeshire, Flow Cytometrist, cell counting, cell sorting, biomarker detection, protein engineering, Flow Cytometry Scientist, Senior Flow Cytometry Scientist, Flow Cytometry Jobs Cambridgeshire