Global Medical Director – Hematology, Immunology, Oncology
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Our client, a highly innovative Biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a driven, commercially astute Medical Affairs Senior Director to manage the strategic direction of their product portfolio, spanning Haematology & Oncology and Immunology alongside the Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs and Safety & Risk Management of the product collection. This is a high profile, global position which will require demonstrable experience in strategy development for product launches alongside proven daily coordination and management of the Medical Affairs team.
The key to the success of an applicant will lie on a number of qualities, but essential criteria include a clinical background preferably as a qualified Medical Doctor with demonstrated leadership in strategic KOL engagement, and communication with the Sales and Marketing Teams.
- A relevant Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical Degree – preferably a Medical Doctor qualification
- Proven experience managing or taking a senior part in pharmaceutical product launches
- Developed understanding of Haematology, Oncology and Immunology therapeutic areas
- Excellent strategy development of the whole Medical Affairs portfolio
- Developed understanding of the relationship between Medical Affairs and the Marketing and Sales department with a keen interest in the developing harmony between the departments
- Regulatory experience covering pharmacovigilance, drug safety and risk management
- Strong medical leadership with responsibility for the design and execution of the Medical Affairs strategy alongside the strategies of Clinical Development Operations
- Establishing cross functional relationships across the company internally, but also externally, driving relations with MHRA, IMB, EMA and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Develop relationships throughout the company by liaising with other department heads in order to help the company provide a holistic service offering
- Manage budgets for Medical Affairs and aid in the forecast to develop strategy to suit
- Travel – Yes 40% - outer London based
- A relevant Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical Degree with experience in a similar capacity
- MD with further qualifications (MBA, PhD, Board Certification, PMST etc.) are highly beneficial
- In order to secure the services of the right candidate, our client is willing to be flexible on package.