Head of Bioanalysis
Zest Scientific is looking to identify the Head of Bioanalysis for a global drug development company in Cambridgeshire. This role will be responsible for overseeing the Bioanalytical department, supporting regulated bioanalysis to provide expert regulatory and scientific input into study design, conduct reporting and interpretation of data for studies conducted within Bioanalysis and the supervision of the study management team and the provision of bioanalytical support to sales enquiries.
- Build, lead and motivate an effective team, providing overall management of a team within Bioanalysis
- Oversee the planning and allocation of the workload and monitor analytical reports generated.
- Ensure all work generated by the team complies with regulatory requirements, high quality data is generated and results are issued in a timely manner.
- Check analytical data and interpretation thereof.
- Review and approve analytical methods ensuring they are fit for purpose and scientifically valid.
- Review and approve analytical reports ensuring they reflect the work undertaken, any conclusions drawn are accurate and that they are issued on time.
- Undertake the role of Study Director on analytical studies where required.
- Oversee preparation and review analytical Study Plans ensuring they are issued in a timely manner and satisfy the regulatory requirements and scientific objectives of the study.
- Champion new initiatives and drive process improvement.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of scientific advances, analytical techniques, instrumentation and methodology relevant to Bioanalysis.
- Recommend and drive new technology implementation in the department.
- Keep abreast of bioanalytical regulatory guidelines and ensure that all regulatory work is supported in an appropriate fit for purpose manner.
- Act as a key contact for internal and external customers, ensuring that customers receive prompt and appropriate responses to enquiries and are regularly updated with study progress.
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Proven experience in leading a team with management responsibilities
- Extensive experience with client liaison and project management
- Must be fully aware on regulatory guideline associated with bioanalysis studies
- Must have a full appreciation and understanding of Bioanalysis work flow
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728