Head of CMC R&D
Do you have extensive experience in the fields of characterisation and analytical development of biopharmaceuticals?
The Head of CMC R&D primary responsibilities are to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations (including Health & Safety at Work, GXP and other regulatory requirements), fulfilment of service delivery according to contracts (including quality and delivery on time), staff recruitment, development and retention and maximising conversion of sales to revenues to deliver or better budgeted profitability.
As Head of CMC R&D, your main responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining an awareness of the competitive marketplace for the department technologies to include both commercial and service expectations.
- Working closely with Sales, Finance, Marketing and Senior Management, in order to identify strategic growth and development opportunities and assist in the preparation of the annual department strategic plan.
- Being responsible to customers for team output-customer interface
- Ensuring that a quality service is provided by the department, by regular discussions with internal and external customers.
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Extensive experience in biologics drug discovery/early phase biopharmaceutical development
- Experience in leading an R&D team, including line management of scientists
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to comprehend and use financial (cost builds, expenditure, revenues, forecasts and budgets).and operational data and metrics.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728