Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Zest Scientific is working alongside a leading organisation in Ireland and we are looking to identify a Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer to support the laboratory operations and assure regulatory compliant programs whilst supporting the qualification, maintenance, calibration and repair of analytical instrumentation and leading a small team of engineers/scientists.
- Coordinates and performs calibration and maintenance activities on a range of analytical equipment.
- Coordinates and performs equipment qualifications, executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Reviews calibration and maintenance records from peers.
- Tracks and maintains equipment schedule.
- Reviews and updates equipment SOP’s.
- Trains analysts on equipment.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Lead and manage a small team of 4-6 engineers/scientists.
- Coordinate and prioritize project activities with internal functional groups analytical labs, QA, QC and facilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- GMP knowledge and understanding of FDA, ICH, and USP guidelines
- Analytical equipment experience is a must. Experience in running/maintaining/calibrating a range of analytical equipment including HPLC/UPLC/Dissolution apparatus/ particle counting apparatus. Experience in biopharm equipment such as CE / ICE would be a plus.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team as well as working off own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.