Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer
Zest Scientific is working alongside a leading organisation in Ireland and we are looking to identify a Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer to support the laboratory operations and assure regulatory compliant programs whilst supporting the qualification, maintenance, calibration and repair of analytical instrumentation and leading a small team of engineers/scientists.
- Coordinates and performs calibration and maintenance activities on a range of analytical equipment.
- Coordinates and performs equipment qualifications, executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Reviews calibration and maintenance records from peers.
- Tracks and maintains equipment schedule.
- Reviews and updates equipment SOP’s.
- Trains analysts on equipment.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Lead and manage a small team of 4-6 engineers/scientists.
- Coordinate and prioritize project activities with internal functional groups analytical labs, QA, QC and facilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- GMP knowledge and understanding of FDA, ICH, and USP guidelines
- Analytical equipment experience is a must. Experience in running/maintaining/calibrating a range of analytical equipment including HPLC/UPLC/Dissolution apparatus/ particle counting apparatus. Experience in biopharm equipment such as CE / ICE would be a plus.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team as well as working off own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728