Zest Scientific has been instructed to identify a Laboratory Manager with extensive experience of laboratory and people management, coupled with GMP/GLP and LEAN management. We are looking for a strong scientific background gained from working in a commercial research laboratory.
- Have a degree in a relevant scientific/process discipline.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- LEAN (5S, Kanban, Kaizen) Management.
- Laboratory and People Management.
- Training others to high degree of competence.
- Working within research laboratory environment.
- GMP/GLP principles.
- Ensure the laboratory environment meets all regulatory, QEHS policies and procedures such that employees, visitors and the environment are protected from significant risk. This includes identifying, reporting and correcting QEHS deviations/failures as they occur.
- Identify training gaps, coordinate and perform laboratory QEHS and equipment training.
- Ensure all equipment/instrumentation is properly maintained and serviced complying with regulatory standards and ensure proper performance and function.
- Establish strong relationships with the laboratory teams in order to understand and support their workload, challenges and constraints.
- Implement industry best practice (e.g. LEAN, 5S, Kanban) to ensure the laboratory is adequately stocked with consumables, reagents and in-house aliquots in a clearly organised and accessible manner. This includes receiving all deliveries and organising their storage.
- Implement systems to manage emergency situations within the laboratory, such as out-of-hours critical equipment breakdowns.
- Author documented SOPs, where this is beneficial, for training and consistency in collaboration with QA and in line with the QEHS Management Systems.
Our client is a rapidly expanding organisation at the forefront of expert research. They are actively looking to recruit the best from the research sector, so if you are looking to develop your career with a progressive organisation, this role could be for you.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Matthew Morland
Telephone: 0114 238 1724