Medical Operations Manager/Clinical Research Physician Manager - Manchester
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Are you an experienced Clinical Research Physician looking for your next career step? Would you like to work for a global player in the clinical research sector providing leadership to a team of Clinical Research Physicians?
As Medical Operations Manager/Clinical Research Physician Manager, you will be accountable for the safe performance of clinical studies ensuring commercial success whilst providing professional line management of all Research Physicians.
As Medical Operations Manager/Clinical Research Physician Manager you will have the duties of Principal Investigator while also managing trials and patients locally through accepting responsibility for the sponsor research studies and ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met.
- Be part of the Operational Management team supporting the delivery of safe clinical trials with focus on supporting the optimisation of the Profit and Loss of the centre with regards to recruitment revenues against projections
- Ensure implementation of Core Competency framework at site level and work within the medical management matrix in order to support the training and development of the medical team
- Assist UK Medical Operations Manager in reviewing SOPs and provide appropriate feedback
- Managing studies and patients locally and remotely accepting responsibility for sponsor research studies and ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met
- Responsibility for taking ownership of being prepared for the GMC appraisals process is implemented to ensure we see a positive outcome
- Reviewing screening, pre-screen and screen success rates for clinical trials to ensure and optimise delivery.
- Demonstrate leadership through the guidance and training of colleagues while working on multiple studies or multiple sites
- Liaising with and developing positive relations with sponsors, clients and clients’ contractors as required, projecting a helpful and courteous company image
- Constantly seeking and suggesting quality improvements
- Principal Investigator (PI) or Co Investigator
- Conducting clinical trials in line with the protocol and to ensure the recruitment of eligible participants onto the study
- Taking responsibility for the medical wellbeing of participants during the clinical trial and referral to specialists or GP as required
- Taking responsibility for ensuring serious adverse events / adverse events are reported appropriately Take a Lead PI role for the Core Study Team (CST) providing challenges and ideas
- Take responsibility as a GMC appraiser if required
- Professional line management of all Research Physicians
- A fully GMC registered doctor with extensive Clinical Research Experience
- Some leadership skills
- Extensive experience of ICH-GCP regulations
Company and Culture
Our client is a world renowned clinical research organisation with operations globally. This role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Clinical Research Physician. The role comes with an attractive salary plus car allowance and bonuses.