Business Unit Director (OEM Sales) - Germany
Zest Scientific has been instructed to identify an accomplished Sales Director from the Analytical Instrumentation or Laboratory Sales sector in Germany. We’ve been tasked to identify talented individuals who have the capacity to take on operational responsibility (General Manager / Business Unit Director remit) combined with ownership of OEM sales across the region.
This is a highly attractive proposition as the business looks to strengthen its position in the European market and develop a subsidiary business which has outstanding growth potential based. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and implementing operational plans at a local level including the set up of a new facility in the Friedberg area. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build a team and recruit Technical Sales Specialists across the region as they expand their European commercial team.
- The Business Unit Director will develop a new subsidiary business in the Friedberg area which will have commercial responsibility for generating revenues across Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey.
- Personally manage existing strategic OEM accounts (Optics and Spectroscopy technology) and develop new OEM accounts across the region.
- Develop an operational plan for the new facility which will include R&D, Customer Support, Distribution and Sales personnel.
- Develop a cost effective strategic plan to ensure revenue targets are achieved.
- Recruit and manage regional Technical Sales Specialists. The size of the team recruited will be determined by existing revenues and the opportunity value in new markets.
- Analyse markets to obtain latest trends, customer needs, competitors’ position and depth of customer base to re-design marketing strategy.
- Relay local intelligence to the Global Senior Management team to ensure they have an accurate view of the market.
- Internationally recognised manufacturer with an incredibly novel and sector leading new technology.
- Highly sought after R&D team with alliances with some world leading institutions.
- Global investment and realignment of commercial teams resulted in 15% revenue growth last year and the business is looking to use this positive momentum and strengthen its position across Central Europe.
- Highly credible Business Development professional with a proven track record of leading commercial teams.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, developing strategic accounts whilst also undertaking operational responsibility for the German office and respective sales teams.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience developing OEM accounts.
- It’s important that the Business Unit Director demonstrates the following personal traits: committed, versatile, leads by example, driven, organised, attention to detail.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right quality of candidate so salary and benefits package is negotiable depending on what experience a candidate demonstrates. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Matthew Morland
Telephone: 0114 238 1724