PBPK Modelling Scientist
Are you a PBPK Modelling Scientist with extensive pharma, CRO/CDMO experience? Do you have hands on experience in the use of M and S in a pre-clinical/translational setting and consider yourself to be a specialist in one or more of WinNonlin Phoenix, GastroPlus or SimCYP? If this sounds like you, and want to work for one of the leading lights in drug development, then contact Zest Scientific recruitment today.
- Extensive relevant pharma, CRO/CDMO experience.
- Hands on experience in the use of M and S in a pre-clinical/translational setting (late stage discovery/early clinical R and D) is essential.
- You should consider yourself to be a specialist in one or more of WinNonlin Phoenix, GastroPlus or SimCYP
- A broad cross-functional knowledge of early drug development
- An effective member of multi-disciplinary teams and be able to deliver multiple projects to stringent timelines.
- Degree qualified, ideally with a PhD, in a discipline with a significant component of Modelling and Simulation.
- Occasional travel may be required in EU and worldwide to meet clients, participate in global conferences, or present at workshops, seminars and conferences.
- The PBPK Modelling and Simulation Research Scientist will provide hands-on M and S scientific support and input throughout a project lifecycle (design, planning, delivery and reporting) to ensure client’s study objectives are achieved.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the biopharmaceutic, pharmacokinetic and metabolism profile of assigned compounds.
- Independently build and rigorously test PBPK models to support evaluation of absorption and systemic exposure potential for NCE's.
- Use in vitro data and in silico tools to predict or describe the impact that formulation strategy/technology can have on in vivo performance.
- Provide in silico simulations to aid interim decision making during clinical studies regarding dose escalation and formulation selection.
- Investigate the existence of correlations between in vitro dissolution data and human plasma concentration-time data (IVIVCs) using either mechanistic models or traditional numerical deconvolution approaches.
- In addition, the jobholder will be expected to perform additional support tasks including:
- Provide scientific support to other departments to effectively communicate M and S capabilities and identify and develop further opportunities.
- Review data packages and generate proposals for potential new projects.
- Train, mentor and support existing and new members of staff, as required to provide scientific background information on biopharmaceutics, formulation development, PK, M and S and DMPK.
- Produce high quality reports to present and summarise M and S project findings.
- At all times scientific data and interpretation must be communicated clearly and credibly. External presentation and publication in peer reviewed technical manuscripts is required.
Our client is a rapidly expanding organisation at the forefront of expert research. They are actively looking to recruit a forward thinking PBPK Modelling Scientist looking to develop their career with a progressive organisation.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728