Principal Genomics Scientist - Cambridgeshire
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Are you an expert in PCR and qPCR with a high level understanding of recombinant DNA, DNA sequencing and genomic methods? If you also have a PhD in a molecular biology based subject, then we would be very keen to hear from you.
The Principal Genomics Scientist will be the prime contact for the Genomics department and represents an excellent opportunity to work for a leading light in this field. This role requires significant expertise in the development, qualification and validation of cell-based CMC bioassays with overall responsibility of the position to provide strong scientific leadership in delivering solutions to customers and ensuring flawless execution of projects in the operational area.
This is senior position, but will have no direct reports.
- Understanding the way in which drugs are being developed and advise the business on any new developments
- Providing advice on specific projects (particularly development and validation)
- Advising our study scientists on assay development "troubleshooting" related matters
- Acting as change agents for department change controls and supporting the department as quality investigators to carry out RCA's for deviations, lab investigations, CAPA's
- Developing/providing scientific training modules and materials
- Ensuring a high level of familiarity with the drug pipelines of key customers, including face to face contact
- Doctorate (PhD) in molecular Biology related subject is preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment, ideally GMP/GLP is a distinct advantage
- An expert in PCR and qPCR
- High level understanding of recombinant DNA, DNA sequencing and genomes methods
- Proficiency in overseeing the design, running and trouble shooting of assays in the area of expertise
- Be an expert in the area of cell based potency assays
- Strong external and internal scientific credibility