Scientific Manager (Entomology/Terrestrial Ecotoxicology) - Cambridgeshire
We are looking to identify a skilled individual from an entomology based research setting. Our client is expanding, and we are looking to recruit a Scientific Manager to oversee and manage their Terrestrial Ecotoxicology division.
The Scientific Manager will help with day to day organisation of the Terrestrial Ecotoxicology Department, act as study director and liaise with Study Sponsors, provide scientific advice to Sponsors and colleagues, and assist Management with other duties within the department
As a Scientific Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Day to day organisation of activities and local management of resources.
- Carry out the role of a Study Director for Laboratory and Field based studies, as requested.
- Conduct and supervise studies according to study plans, test guidelines and SOPs.
- Comply with internationally accepted standards of GLP and company QA and archiving requirements.
- Provide technical advice when required.
- Interpret data and prepare reports to high scientific standards, within agreed time scales.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of scientific and regulatory developments.
The ideal candidate will have
- Science-related degree (minimum)
- Experience in an entomology-related discipline (preferably with Bees and field based activities)
- Experience of working within a GLP (or equivalent) environment
- Background in the management of staff, budgets, facilities and/or workloads,
- Strong communication and leadership skills
There is a competitive salary plus generous package. The role of Scientific Manager (Entomology) is the perfect opportunity to work with a World leading organisation in Terrestrial Ecotoxicology. If this role sounds of interest, please contact us for further information
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728