Senior Buyer - Pharmaceutical Procurement
It’s been a busy year for the business Zest Scientific has partnered with. They’ve rebranded, opened a new division and made some key hires to their senior leadership team as they drive forward with new opportunities whilst building further on their established presence in unlicensed medicines and specials.
Now, the hunt is on for a Senior Buyer with strong experience in the sourcing and procurement of imported medication, APIs and controlled Pharmaceutical substances.
This is a maternity cover position for 12 months, and they’re looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible ready to take the reins from November.
Who’re they looking for?
They’re looking for a self-starter, someone who’s organised, on top of things and wherever possible one step ahead in making sure everything required for manufacturing and supply is ready to go. Specifically, they’ll need someone who:
- Has a background in liaising with the MHRA for import permissions, applications and guidance.
- Is familiar with Home Office applications for scheduled drug imports and exports.
- Understands the importing procedures for raw materials and APIs for Pharmaceutical Manufacture.
- Has a good understanding of relevant sources for a variety of finished products and APIs, and is able to work closely with the Business Development Director to manage the sourcing process.
- Doesn’t mind working in a small, tight-knit team.
- Is able to really show initiative in making suggestions to improve any processes they can see being made more efficient or effective.
This isn’t a ‘come in for 12 months and follow the rulebook’ opportunity. This job reports directly to the CEO who’s looking for someone who’s not only able to work around the responsibilities above, but who can make recommendations and suggestions directly to the board for improvements on how things are sourced.
Who’re the business?
Full disclosure can be given after receiving an application, but in short:
- A leader in the international sourcing and manufacture of specials and unlicensed medicines, with over 30 years in the field.
- An expanding company, with newly appointed members of the Senior Leadership team driving new initiatives in unexplored areas.
- A SME sized company, where you’ll be reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Directors.
In order to secure the services of the right candidate, our client has agreed to be flexible on remuneration. Guidance can be given on an initial phone call with Zest Scientific.
Our client is based to the South West of London, best commuted to by car rather than public transport; however, with the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, working from home should not be a problem. This can be discussed freely at interview.
For more information, please address your application and/or any questions to Jason Cox with Zest Scientific.
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672