Director of Business Development
Zest Medical recruitment is currently partnered with a boutique market access consultancy and technology provider that is recruiting for a brand new role as a Director of Business Development. The client is unique in the market and specialises in developing cutting edge technologies to enable companies to assess the real-world potential of their products, gather & exchange insight, and improve market access.
The role will report directly into the CEO and will manage and implement all aspects of the commercial development process such as targeted outreach, opportunity assessment, proposal development, pitch presentations, and recognising new opportunities with existing clients. This is a great opportunity to join a revolutionary company at a very exciting stage of their growth.
To be considered for this position you must have experience selling into Pharma, Biotech and Med-Device clients, preferably within the Pricing, Market Access and/or HEOR space.
- 5+ years of relevant Business Development and Marketing Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in Pricing/Market Access and/or Health Economic related disciplines within consultancy and/or industry
- Deep understanding of Global health care payer systems and Health Technology Assessments
- Advanced Account Management, Business Development and Executive Sales skills
- Marketing and promotional execution experience
- Experience utilising portals for communication and market research purposes
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and can do attitude that will suit a hands on role in a start-up
- Demonstrable teambuilding and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- Experience developing and improving commercial strategy and processes
- Lead all Global Sales in conjunction with the existing commercial team
- Manage and implement all aspects of the commercial development process such as targeted outreach, opportunity assessment, proposal development, pitch presentations, and recognising new opportunities with existing clients.
- Work with account management within the Market Access Operations teams to recognise and close business
- Work alongside Marketing function to lead pull through of promotional campaigns, email marketing, social media programs, and other grassroots outreach programs
- Develop a strategic account plan to maximize new business opportunities
- Generate new leads and clients for the organization
- Grow revenue within new and existing client base
- Management of customer relations management (CRM) system to ensure it contains robust information which can be used to automate targeted outreach programs
- Hit company and personal sales targets agreed with the CEO
- Remote based from anywhere in the UK – there is an office in London where you can also work if you live close by
- Global travel 20-30%
- Competitive salary and very lucrative commission/bonus structure + benefits
Contact: Lawrence Murphy
Telephone: 0114 2291673