Senior Drug Development Scientist - Cambridgeshire
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Zest Scientific recruitment is looking to identify an experienced pre-clinical development manager/scientist for a global company in Cambridgeshire. It’s an exciting time to join a growing Drug Development Team and as such, we are looking for a Senior Drug Development Scientist to provide advice and proposals to customers in the design and conduct of pharmaceutical development programs.
- Understanding the current regulatory environment and ensure that programs are designed and undertaken in line with current scientific and regulatory expectations.
- The Program Manager provides customers with scientific, strategic and regulatory guidance to help them in the design and conduct of development programs to progress their compound(s) to clinical trials and to marketing in an efficient and timely manner.
- In addition, once awarded, the Program Manager is responsible for the scientific leadership of the program and works closely with the Project Manager (where appropriate) in the overall management of a customer’s development program.
- The Program Manager also plays a key role working with the commercial team to help identify and win new programs of work. This includes sales visits, attendance and presenting at scientific conferences and symposia and engaging the customer in discussions on their development needs prior to study award
- Play a key role in advising on program and study design, work closely with the proposals team to ensure customer requirements are understood and that these satisfy current understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that programs are delivered in a timely manner according to defined requirements achieved through building an internal project team for each program
- Meetings with existing and proposed customers to promote company services, advise upon program design and present information back to customer company
- Where appropriate regular teleconferences and written updates for customers
- Where appropriate, member of customer’s project team
- Leader of internal project team comprising Study Managers from all relevant disciplines
- Day to day interactions with internal customers to manage (via the matrix) progression and timely delivery of program information
- Interaction with and support of colleagues within Pharma Program Management, including but not restricted to, back-up for Programs in colleagues absence and provision of scientific advice based on own core discipline
- An excellent understanding of the non clinical development of pharmaceutical products
- A strong scientific knowledge in one or more areas of non clinical development
- Team player
- Clear confident communicator
- Strong organisational skills
- Good time management
- Experience of working in a CRO environment or relevant scientific role
- A good understanding of the product development process
- Professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated