Study Manager - Metabolism - Mass Spectrometry
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
We are looking for a Senior Study Manager to join a successful and growing Mass Spectrometry team in Cambridgeshire. The Senior Study Manager will have responsibility for performing metabolism (Qualitative Mass Spectrometry and Metabolite Identification) studies.
- To conduct and/or supervise studies/analyses according to agreed study plans and SOPs in compliance with the relevant Good Practice regulations (GLP and GCP as required).
- Undertaking the role of Study Director, managing routine studies, and ensuring that all studies carried out are performed to a high scientific quality.
- Developing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with Sponsors, peers, management, inter- and intra-departmental project groups and other customers including QA, providing high quality information and advice within agreed time frames, and ensuring that excellent customer service is achieved at all times.
- Delivering and/or taking part in: email correspondence, telecoms including conference calls and video links, meetings and departmental tours.
- Review of scientific literature and attending conferences (as required) and thereby maintaining an up to date knowledge of technical, scientific and regulatory developments related to mass spectroscopy and metabolite identification.
- Participating in departmental strategy required to meet identified business needs, such as those detailed in Departmental Annual Performance targets.
- Training and providing guidance to team members and peers in departmental procedures.
- Preparation of study plans, schedules, data, reports, posters and SOPs to high scientific standards within agreed time frames.
- Where requested, to manage a defined laboratory area.
- Promoting Process Improvement to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency, productivity and scientific standards.
- Beginning to develop management skills by assisting with scheduling and allocating work for one or more technical and/or professionally qualified scientists to sustain maximum productivity.
- Assisting in the management of the performance and training of junior team members, helping to develop individuals to their full potential and encouraging professional development.
- Providing updates of study progress to their line manager such that accurate and timely invoicing and revenue/forecasting can be achieved.
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Minimum BSc level in Biochemistry / Chemistry / Biological Sciences
- Hands-on experience of Mass Spectrometry
- Basic knowledge of Metabolite Identification strategies
- Strong relevant scientific and regulatory knowledge
- Objective and logical analytical and reasoning skills