Study Manager - Metabolism - Mass Spectrometry
We are looking for a Senior Study Manager to join a successful and growing Mass Spectrometry team in Cambridgeshire. The Senior Study Manager will have responsibility for performing metabolism (Qualitative Mass Spectrometry and Metabolite Identification) studies.
- To conduct and/or supervise studies/analyses according to agreed study plans and SOPs in compliance with the relevant Good Practice regulations (GLP and GCP as required).
- Undertaking the role of Study Director, managing routine studies, and ensuring that all studies carried out are performed to a high scientific quality.
- Developing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with Sponsors, peers, management, inter- and intra-departmental project groups and other customers including QA, providing high quality information and advice within agreed time frames, and ensuring that excellent customer service is achieved at all times.
- Delivering and/or taking part in: email correspondence, telecoms including conference calls and video links, meetings and departmental tours.
- Review of scientific literature and attending conferences (as required) and thereby maintaining an up to date knowledge of technical, scientific and regulatory developments related to mass spectroscopy and metabolite identification.
- Participating in departmental strategy required to meet identified business needs, such as those detailed in Departmental Annual Performance targets.
- Training and providing guidance to team members and peers in departmental procedures.
- Preparation of study plans, schedules, data, reports, posters and SOPs to high scientific standards within agreed time frames.
- Where requested, to manage a defined laboratory area.
- Promoting Process Improvement to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency, productivity and scientific standards.
- Beginning to develop management skills by assisting with scheduling and allocating work for one or more technical and/or professionally qualified scientists to sustain maximum productivity.
- Assisting in the management of the performance and training of junior team members, helping to develop individuals to their full potential and encouraging professional development.
- Providing updates of study progress to their line manager such that accurate and timely invoicing and revenue/forecasting can be achieved.
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Minimum BSc level in Biochemistry / Chemistry / Biological Sciences
- Hands-on experience of Mass Spectrometry
- Basic knowledge of Metabolite Identification strategies
- Strong relevant scientific and regulatory knowledge
- Objective and logical analytical and reasoning skills
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728