Team Lead - Analytical Chemistry - Inhalation
Are you a Senior Scientist with line management experience? Have you got a sound background working in an Analytical Laboratory environment? Have you worked with inhalation equipment such as pMDI, DPI, Nasal Sprays and Nebulisers? Our client – a leading CRO providing early drug development services – is looking for an Associate Group Leader to take on a high degree of responsibility at their inhalation laboratories in Athlone, Ireland.
The key to the success of an applicant for this position will lie in the candidate’s ability to demonstrate a familiarity with the direct supervision of technical laboratory staff, alongside a solid understanding of inhalation research and method development in a GMP environment from first-hand experience.
- Sound line management experience of technical staff working in an analytical laboratory
- Full understanding of GMP requirements, client SOPs, ICH guidelines, EP and USP requirements and EMEA and FDA guidelines
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject (i.e. Chemistry)
- Knowledge and experience in working with inhalation devices and products such as Pressurised Metered Dose Inhalers (pDMI), Dry Powder Inhalers (DPI), Aqueous Nasal Sprays, Nebulisers and Nebuliser solutions
- Experienced in the review of study protocols, project status reports and final study reports
- Ability to implement method development strategies and conduct experimental studies, contributing to technical troubleshooting
- Line management of technical staff to include Scientists and Senior Scientists
- Oversee and be responsible for the overall quality of the study in day to day operations
- Working within a fully GMP qualified environment, design and deliver inhalation studies in the early drug development phase
- Allocate, schedule and manage laboratory resources according to the scope of the study
- Prepare, review and approve study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project related documentation
- Design experimental studies and participate in technical troubleshooting
- Review and approve laboratory investigations, deviations, QA facility and data audits
- Assist in regulatory and client led audits
- In order to secure the services of the right candidate, our client is willing to be flexible
- A joining fee will be payable to the successful applicant
Zest is working to a tight deadline on this role, so please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately
Zest Scientific is working to a tight deadline on this position, so please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672