Team Leader - Toxicology
Zest Scientific has been tasked to identify a Team Leader to join a leading drug development organisation who has practical experience as a Study Director, working to GLP standards. This individual will be responsible for providing leadership, management and training to a large team of Study Managers within the Toxicology Operations and Study Directors Department as well as managing and monitoring the allocation of toxicology studies to help deliver high-quality services to clients.
Our client is a world leader in drug development so this is a fantastic opportunity to help contribute towards their pipeline as well as giving you a great platform to take on a leadership role whilst making a real impact on research.
- An enthusiastic individual who thrives on challenges, who can bring leadership and management experience to the Department.
- Have great organisational skills to manage and monitor the allocation of toxicology studies to Study Directors in the team, keeping this on schedule.
- Be a good communicator – ensure that everyone in the team is made aware of the expectations placed upon them and transparent on how the business is performing.
- Be flexible - be able to act as Study Director on studies where appropriate to provide support to other Team Leaders and teams.
- Must have knowledge and experience of working to GLP standards.
- Responsible for helping to set the priorities of the department and effectively implementing Departmental strategies.
- Providing monthly updates to the Director of Toxicology on the team’s progress, study starts and reporting status.
- Informing and advising senior management on all key issues regarding the team and their performance.
- Ensuring that Study Directors submit reports to QA on time so they are issued to clients on time.
- Acting as a Monitoring Toxicologist where necessary: providing advice and guidance on the scientific aspects of the development of enquiries.
- Helping to ensure that robust systems are in place to ensure compliance with key legislation.
- A leading company within the pharmaceutical industry who are continuously expanding, offering a broad exposure to a variety of new challenges.
- An opportunity to work in a company who will provide scope for personal development and progression opportunities.
- Offering a relaxed working environment in a progressive, scientifically focused organisation.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Francesca Clark
Telephone: 0114 287 0352