Technical Sales Specialist - Separation Science (South UK)
Are you a Technical Sales Specialist or Account Manager selling into laboratories and research environments? Have you a strong technical understanding of Mass Spectrometry? Zest Scientific Recruitment is partnered with a leading manufacturer of a brand new portfolio of Separation Science equipment. This will be their third hire into the growing team over an 18 month period, and will cover a half country territory (mainly South East), dealing with multiple important scientific hubs (Cambridge, Oxford, Slough, etc.).
- Proven technical sales experience into the Analytical Chemistry market.
- An understanding of managing a large sales territory (preferably Southern UK).
- Ability to create tactical sales plans and strategically align work to a wider company objective.
- Confident, autonomous, and willing to take individual ownership of projects.
- Reside or be based close to a Southern UK territory (South East Preferable but not essential).
- Must have a driving licence and be comfortable with field based work over a large geography.
- Line management experience not necessary for this position.
- Our client will also consider candidates with Scientific Sales experience across the wider Research market (Devices/Consumables etc.) providing they also have laboratory experience in Analytical Chemistry, or a history of technical work with high value Separation Science equipment (MS, GCMS, LCMS etc.).
Your new role:
- Strategic Account Management of an established customer base across the defined region.
- Take over an established sales territory and forge new relationships with important research facilities.
- Identify new business opportunities, develop tactical sales and marketing plans and execute them to completion.
- Provide a strong technical understanding of the Separation Science products (mass spec) alongside client training where necessary.
- Interpret customer requirements with a scientific research understanding in order to advise them as to the best solutions for their projects/problems.
Your new partner:
- Innovative manufacturer of Analytical Instrumentation and Software.
- A relatively new player in the field, taking market share from established companies with a new and novel pipeline of products.
- Encourages independent thought amongst a small team; provides autonomy for you to do the job the best way you see fit - smaller business, allowing for a broader and more autonomous outlook.
- Balanced, meritocratic working environment focussed on results, with a strong commission and bonus package to reflect good performance.
Our client is offering a wider package to include a basic salary, commission on sales and a performance based team bonus (team of 3). Additional benefits with include company car, pension, paid holiday etc.
Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline for this position so please apply now and your CV will be reviewed by one of our consultants. Alternatively, get in contact with Jason Cox to learn more.
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672