Veterinary Surgeon - 12 month contract
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Zest Scientific is looking to identify an experienced Veterinary Surgeon for a global drug development organisation in Cambridgeshire. The Veterinary Surgeon will provide appropriate veterinary input to all relevant areas of the company’s work and to satisfy the requirements of relevant legislation in this respect. The Veterinary Surgeon will ensure that high standards of animal health and welfare are maintained at all times.
As a Veterinary Surgeon your main responsibilities will be:
- To support the Named Veterinary Surgeon(s) in line with the A[SP]A requirements and as indicated in the Guidance Notes to the Act and the Code of Conduct set in the RCVS Guidance to Professional Conduct.
- To provide specialist clinical services required. This will include ophthalmology, surgery and anaesthesia; but may include cardiology, neurology or other disciplines as required
- To engender a “Culture of Care” within the Company
- To perform audits of our internal facilities as well as external animal breeders and suppliers
- To provide advice and practical assistance with regards to monitoring animal health on arrival and thereafter in a range of species
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- You must be a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- You should have both clinical and surgical proven experience from general practice
- Experience in the field of laboratory animal medicine is desirable, but not essential as full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- An interest in laboratory animal science, ophthalmology, anaesthesia and/or surgery would be an advantage
- You will work in a fully supportive team of eight veterinary colleagues, and play a key role in discussion groups that form our Ethical Review Process
- As well as proven clinical experience, you will need excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills