Applications Specialist/Service Engineer (Analytical Instrumentation)
Zest Scientific is looking to identify an Applications Specialist, Service Engineer or enthusiastic Analytical Scientist with expertise of trouble shooting analytical instrumentation and equipment. We are working alongside a leader within specialist laboratory equipment including optical and protein separation. This role will cover the UK with some European exposure, and requires an experienced candidate motivated to expand their career with an industry leader.
This is a permanent role with a hybrid working arrangement (50% travel) with competitive salary, car allowance and bonus.
- Proven Applications Specialist, Service Engineer or Analytical Scientist experience.
- Must have instrumentation trouble shooting skills.
- To have a high level of motivation to assist customers, sales and service people to overcome any problems that they may have which relate to instrumentation in a timely manner.
- Have excellent communication skills, which are appropriate for a customer-facing role.
- Produce quality work to an agreed deadline.
- Be hardworking and enthusiastic with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be able to make lone decisions and take action for customers based on your knowledge and experience.
- You are expected to travel whenever required to support any of our customers within the UK and Europe.
- Provide reactive and pro-active pre- and post-sales technical support to distributors, end users, partners and sales personnel within the group.
- Deliver comprehensive technical training to distributors and partners on a global basis.
- Write and maintain technical and application literature, including IQOQ documentation to support end-users, service manuals, spare parts catalogue and regular technical updates for distributors.
- Work with end-users to develop compatible methodologies within the range of spectrophotometers to meet the specific needs of individual laboratories.
- Carry out regular UK field service support of instrumentation (IQOQ installation and servicing).
- Provide pre- and post-sales support input into the marketing and research and development departments so that future products are designed and manufactured for reliability and end-user suitability.
Our client is a rapidly expanding organisation at the forefront of specialist instrumentation. They are actively looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated candidate, so if you are an Applications Specialist, Service Engineer or enthusiastic Analytical Scientist looking to develop your career with a progressive organisation, this role could be for you.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728