Business Development Manager
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Are you an experienced Field Sales or Business Development Manager with a proven track record of success selling laboratory instrumentation or supplies?
Our client’s dynamic sales team is growing and we need a driven individual to maximise profitable sales in France.
Inspiration to your colleagues and your team, you are a motivated individual who can instil trust and confidence in customer relationships whilst having a natural aptitude for getting the best out of people. You will inspire others through your commitment, motivation, expertise, professional manner and always placing the customer at the centre of everything you do.
- Draws together information on opportunities and targets from a wide range of sources, including lead generation, channel leads, business development specialists, CRM analysis, information from business directories, trade shows, Internet web sites, and other sources
- Uses data analysis and intelligence gathering to identify underlying trends, opportunities and priorities based on opportunities and competitive positioning
- Creates an effort allocation plan based on analysis of potential and likely win rates
- For target customers, sets ambitious objectives and establishes a plan for achieving objectives with key strategies, tactics and milestones
- Provides regular reports of performance against plan, territory analysis, pipeline analysis and forecasting using CRM system and other templates
- Identifies customer organisation’s decision makers and influencers, their decision making processes and individual concerns, goals and business needs
- Connects with customers from different areas of professional expertise, including drug development, lab level, animal resource/comparative medicine departments and operational staff, and is able to reflect their understanding of their role and challenges at a technical and business level
- Defines the customer agreement or commitment sought for each customer visit and prepares questions that generate insights and commitments to move customers towards that objective, anticipating barriers and obstacles
- Proactively shares information and coordinates with sales team (Field and Inside Sales) to identify the appropriate strategy for customers based on analysis and segmentation
- Documents and validates customer needs prior to presenting solutions
- Prioritises and targets high potential/high profitability customers within the channel
- With these customers, tailors the value proposition to meet their specific account needs & priorities and demonstrates the value to be gained for the customer in both qualitative and quantitative terms
- Translates technical and scientific features into business and economic benefits linked to the analysis of key needs within the channel
- Uses insight into customers and their need to communicate the value proposition in a way that is compelling and highlights the win-win outcomes
- Stays personally involved in all critical customer issues and ensures they are resolved successfully
- Ensures that the service conforms with the agreed market offering and pricing
- Regularly reviews customer agreements and service offerings and uses this information to prioritise service interactions with customers
- Collaborates with sales, service and support resources to identify incremental growth opportunities and leverages this information to further penetrate the account.
- Uses ongoing service interactions as an opportunity to explore customer needs and future business opportunities
- Delivery of on-target sales revenue
- Extensive sales experience in the laboratory equipment sector
- Sales negotiation and deal closing
- Understanding of laboratory operations
- Understanding of drug development stages
- Market awareness
- Account management
- Sales process knowledge
- Fluency in French and English languages