Computational Biologist - Cambridge
Are you a Computational Biologist with expertise in the Genomics space? Do you have proficiency with R and/or Python? If you also have a PhD and want to work for a pioneering research organisation, we would be keen to speak with you.
There is a negotiable salary available, coupled with an excellent benefits package including enhanced holiday entitlement.
What does the role of Computational Biologist involve?
- Delivering multidisciplinary research programmes contributing to the design and analysis of data from experimental projects
- Develop and maintain internal infrastructure, including the creation of well documented user-friendly tools
- Working collaboratively with experimental and computational biologists and leading projects including supervision of junior and assistant scientists
- Developing new research ideas with the scientific, business and leadership teams
- Contributing to strategic collaborations with key opinion leaders
- Providing technical and scientific expertise by contributing to proposals, meetings, publications and business development activities
Your background and skills
- PhD educated
- Proven post-doctoral experience in computational biology or equivalent, ideally in the genomics space (can include time in PhD)
- Strong computational fundamentals including machine learning, algorithms, and data structures
- Proficiency in R and/or python
- Experience analysing large datasets, including next-generation sequencing data, in high-performance computing environments
- Strong biological knowledge and interest, and familiarity with major biological data resources
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728