Data Scientist (Epidemiologist) - Hertfordshire
Zest Scientific is looking to identify a number of Data Scientists (Epidemiologist) for a global pharmaceutical organisation, focussing on Oncology. We are looking for numerous levels including Data Scientist, Senior Data Scientist and Principal Data Scientist.
There is a competitive package including negotiable salary, bonus and car allowance.
Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
The Data Scientist will collaborate across the organisation to develop evidence generation strategies, identify evidence gaps and data sources, design and execute studies, and implement analyses to address molecule and disease area questions. The data will be varied in type -- patient-level clinical data, supplemented with deep patient data such as omics (e.g. genomics, proteomic), imaging, digital health, etc.
Source data will be diverse - real-world data, including patient registries, electronic medical records, claims, biobanks, and clinical trials. The evidence and insights will be used to inform the research and development of our molecules, and support healthcare decisions by patients, physicians, health authorities, payers, and policy-makers.
You will also contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our business and healthcare environments. This will require a good understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, healthcare environments, as well as strong scientific and technical expertise in observational research. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to transform the way we use data and analytics to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
Who we are looking for:
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology or biostatistics/public health (with focus on epidemiology/observational research)
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing epidemiological or outcomes research projects, with publications and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with global, international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728