EMEA Spectroscopy Applications Specialist
A jump to the Commercial world could be a leap you’ve already made, or it could be one you’re mulling over. In either case, if you’re a Spectroscopy whiz, like the idea of international travel, and would thrive off of getting out and talking technical with some of the most advanced Research institutions in the world, this one might be for you.
Some of your customers will be watching new medicines fighting off diseases for the first time; others will scan the sky for distant stars, measuring anything from a photon to a galaxy.
Regardless, you’ll be the go-to specialist all the way through, advising academic, industry, government and research organisations where their gaps are, and tying loose ends together internally to drive Product Development, train Sales Teams and set out the technical knowhow of the Spectroscopy division.
Your new employer:
- A business founded on innovation
- The equipment the Founders had as students just wasn’t suitable for their Research, so they built the high-performance technology they needed. This tradition of high-end development has continued.
- University spin-out
- Funding secured over 30 years’ ago after the Founders’ university saw their potential.
- A mid-sized powerhouse in the Scientific Imaging space
- The application range is huge for this business, and they’re recognised as a leading provider of Imaging and Software solutions by and for the world’s top scientists.
- Financial Success
- The parent company (of which this business is part) listed on the stock exchange over 30 years ago - stocks have risen 1,355% in value over the last ten.
What they can offer you:
- International exposure
- You’ll be the go-to Spectroscopy Specialist over the whole of the EMEA.
- The latest Tech
- Exposure to some of the most cutting edge hardware and software the industry has to offer.
- Input to strategy
- You’ll be advising Product and Development teams on the technical direction of the portfolio.
- Great networks
- Exposure to leading researchers, discovering anything from new medicines to distant stars. You’ll be the pre-sale expert they consult, identifying gaps in their capabilities, matching – what may be custom – solutions to suit and troubleshooting their problems.
- Broad package
- Salary, company-wide bonus scheme, life insurance, income protection, private healthcare and other benefits, including a pension plan.
What they’re looking for:
- Spectroscopy expertise
- You could be a Scientist in Academia or industry, or an Applications Scientist right now. In either case, a technical know-how over a range of Spectroscopy hardware and software is essential.
- Commercially driven
- The day to day bench routine might be getting too much, or you may already have exposure to the Commercial world. Regardless, you’ll need to be commercially driven and be able to demonstrate an aptitude to help drive sales, even if you’re not looking to make them yourself.
- Happy to travel
- This is a client facing role, so travel across the country and into the EMEA (potentially including parts of India) can be expected. You’ll also be expected in Ireland a significant amount of time, particularly towards the start of your tenure.
Not necessary, but things that will help your application:
- Former experience as an Applications Specialist / Scientist in the Commercial world.
- Mainland European language skills.
- Further academic training (MSc, PhD etc.) concerning Research related to Spectroscopy use.
Happy to share more detail on receiving an application; we are working to a tight deadline though, so please apply now and your CV will be reviewed immediately.
We’ll always try to get back to your application, but for some high volume roles, this isn’t always possible. If it’s something we can progress with, you can expect to hear back from us within a week of sending your CV.
Zest Scientific – or any subsidiary of Zest Business Group – will never submit your CV to any client (existing or prospective) without getting your full consent, and after speaking to you about the specific role with which we’re dealing.
Any questions should be directed to Jason with Zest Scientific: Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672