Head of Pluripotent Stem Cell Research
Zest Scientific has been instructed to identify a The Head of Pluripotent Stem Cell Research. We are looking for a strong scientific leader with extensive experience of pluripotent stem cell biology and team leadership coupled with the ability to build operational infrastructure.
- Human pluripotent stem cell biology, characterisation and culture systems.
- Team leadership and project management involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a PhD in life sciences with extensive experience as a stem cell/cell line platform leader in a relevant industry or scientific organisation/institution.
- Enjoy growing and leading a high-performing team of scientists.
- Are process oriented and experienced in developing, optimising & implementing workflows, protocols, procedures and resources, with knowledge and experience in working in a quality management environment.
- To provide core scientific and material support to the R&D and Production teams in all activities related to human pluripotent stem cells (sourcing, characterisation, traceability and quality control, inventory management).
- To lead innovation and strategic collaborations for the continuous development of the pluripotent stem cell core platform to accompany the company growth.
- Leading, inspiring and growing a team of dedicated scientists providing a state-of-the-art human pluripotent stem cell facility to support R&D and cell production capacity.
- Operationally responsible for the running of the iPSC core facility.
- Contributing to the development of company strategic programmes by driving innovation for human pluripotent stem cell culture.
- Working in close collaboration with other Department Heads (Research, Clinical translation, Production and Product Management) to meet scientific, clinical and new product launch objectives.
- Liaise with external bodies, collaborators and customers on any pluripotent stem cell related matters.
- Engaging with the academic and industry scientific community to promote and diversify the company pluripotent stem cell activities.
Our client is a rapidly expanding organisation at the forefront of expert research. They are actively looking to recruit the best from the research sector, so if you are looking to develop your career with a progressive organisation, this role could be for you.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Matthew Morland
Telephone: 0114 238 1724