Principal Scientist Cell Culture
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Are you a senior scientist with extensive experience in mammalian cell culture and cell line development, coupled with being a proven leader from within industry? Would you like to develop your career with a well-funded and supported start-up company where you will have a direct and highly visible impact on the direction and operation of the business
My client is looking for a particular set of skills, so please do read the entire specification before applying.
- Extensive industrial experience within mammalian cell culture and cell line development
- Line management and project management experience
- Knowledge of cellular mechanisms e.g. cell signalling, and the implications for product development
- Extensive knowhow in molecular and analytical biology, e.g. qPCR, sequencing, gel electrophoresis, proteomics, chromatography, histology, microscopic and spectroscopic analysis
- Ability in delivering complex commercially driven biological technology solutions.
- Demonstrably strong commercial awareness.
- Practical skills in stem cell biology
- Demonstrable ability to manage research programmes to deliver milestones
- Experience with HSE procedures in a lab or manufacturing setting
- Lead and manage the development of cell culture processes, feedstocks, and media ingredients underpinned by a deep understanding of cell biology
- Line management and leadership of a team of scientists
- Act as a lead for technology transfer activities
- Identify opportunities and partnerships, nurture relationships and deliver collaborative or client projects on time and in full
- Providing technical input on IP, licensing and FTO matters; review agreements/contracts from a technical delivery perspective
- Be responsible and have oversight for the quality and validation of biological processes across all scales (lab to production)
- Support the Executive Leadership Team to ensure highest standards of quality, safety and regulatory standards relating to products and processes
- Continually update knowledge and understanding in the field to support the development of the company
Our client is an exciting, well-funded start-up company. They are actively looking to recruit the best from within the cell biology space, so if you are a Line Manager with extensive mammalian cell culture and cell line development experience and looking to develop your career with a progressive organisation, this role could be for you.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.