Senior Technical Specialist - Bioanalysis
Are you a Senior Analytical or Bioanalytical Scientist looking for that something different in your next career move? Do you want to work for a cutting edge testing facility and have responsibility for overseeing high tech analytical equipment?
Working as part of our growing Bioanalysis team in Cambridgeshire, the role involves providing expert and specific technical and scientific input as well as expert instrumentation/equipment input into assay design and conduct, together with troubleshooting of problematic assays.
As a Senior Technical Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Bioanalysis study management in responding to clients placing analytical projects to support toxicology and liaising on day-to-day issues
- Providing expert advice on analytical results to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
- Taking a lead role in problem resolution and providing advice to colleagues in solving analytical problems
- Conducting instrument evaluation and qualification projects
- Documenting processes and maintaining data records
- Ensuring GLP/GCP compliance of systems and procedures and that quality of work/data meet required standards
- Liaising with other collaborating departments to ensure effective conduct of projects
- Maintaining departmental equipment logs for routine PM and service dates, updating accordingly and ensuring all equipment are accurately service labelled to GxP and company SOP requirements.
- Training, assessing, reviewing and providing best practice guidance to analytical staff on analytical equipment (and Analyst® software) use and troubleshoot/triage LC system faults
- Providing routine user maintenance and first line of troubleshooting for laboratory equipment (e.g. water purification systems, balances, centrifuges, pipettes, intergra, extrahera, column performance, pumps, etc
In order to be successful you will ideally have:
- A BSc or equivalent
- Knowledge of operating and troubleshooting analytical scientific instrumentation and laboratory equipment
- Working knowledge of supporting an analytical laboratory for the maintenance and management of laboratory equipment working alongside vendors and engineers
- Experience of liaising with Vendors and engineers
- Understanding of change control forms
- Experience of working in a non-regulatory and regulated environment to GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and or GMP (Good Manufacturing Practise) or other internationally recognised laboratory standards.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728