Technical Sales Engineer
Zest Scientific recruitment is partnered with a renowned global provider of Analytical Instrumentation for surface chemistry measurements who is continuing to grow their European operation. We have been tasked to identify a Technical Sales Engineer with a background in Materials Science / Chemistry to undertake responsibility for sales growth across the UK. This presents an excellent opportunity for a proven Scientific Sales professional who demonstrates the commercial acumen to implement their own sales strategy and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Educated to degree level in a scientific discipline coupled with field based sales skills forged in the laboratory sales industry.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts as the company provides outstanding technical training and support to ensure first class product knowledge.
- Be able to communicate effectively – ability to contribution to product improvements by reporting customer suggestions to the development team.
- This is a highly autonomous role and in order to succeed in the role the individual will need to be self-motivated with excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Enterprising and commercially astute candidate who is comfortable working autonomously.
- The Technical Sales Engineer will identify opportunities across a diverse selection of target industries which include Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Cosmetics, Academia, Microelectronics and Automotive.
- It is essential that you are able to understand the customers’ requirements / applications needs and ultimately craft a solution.
- Will manage the entire sales process: prospecting, demonstration of instruments, preparing sales proposals / tender documentation.
- You will follow up on new sales enquiries from a variety of sources and be able to prepare sale proposals.
- You will be provided with comprehensive training on products initially at head office followed by training in the field.
- International manufacturer with a reputation for excellence.
- Product portfolio with excellent growth potential in new and existing markets.
- Provides comprehensive training (technical and commercial, consultative selling techniques).
- Supports innovation and initiative, employees are encouraged to implement their own business plan and apply a creative mindset.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Francesca Clark
Telephone: 0114 287 0352