Zest Scientific is looking to identify an Upstream Scientist with mammalian suspension cell culture expertise.
- At least degree level education
- Proven industry experience in mammalian suspension cell culture batch and fed-batch process development, optimisation and scale up.
- Understanding and experience of development and establishment of in-process analytical methods as applied to mammalian cell culture processes.
- Experience of basal medium and feed development, control, and optimisation.
- Design and execute experiments to develop and optimise cell culture batches.
- Mammalian cell culture using single use bioreactors such as shake flasks, high throughput systems such as amr15/ambr250 and 2L stirred tank systems and WAVE bioreactors.
- Apply statistical approaches for process optimisation (DoE, QbD) at small scale (15/250ml ambr high throughput) and translation of small-scale results to process scale-up.
- Scale up of upstream processes (10-200L) to confirm process performance.
- Experience of routine analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and biochemical assays is desirable.
Our client is a rapidly expanding organisation at the forefront of expert research. They are actively looking to recruit the best from the research sector, so if you are looking to develop your career with a progressive organisation, this role could be for you.
Our client is committed to securing the services of the right candidate and is flexible with regards to the remuneration package available. Zest Scientific is working to a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this opportunity please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Neil Dewsbury
Telephone: 0114 238 1728