Business Development Manager - Medical Communications - USA
We are partnered with an international Medical Communications Agency to identify an accomplished candidate to drive revenue growth across the US Pharma, Medical Devices and Biotech market. This is a unique opportunity where the Business Development Manager will be tasked to develop a new business unit. There is excellent scope for personal development with a view to building a commercial team as a result of successful market penetration. This opportunity will appeal to candidates who are confident in their ability to deliver excellent sales numbers as your achievements will be the catalyst for further investment and growth of the Publications business unit.
- Extensive commercial experience in the Medical Communications industry, preferably in an Agency environment or within a Pharma Medical Affairs division.
- Advanced Life Science or Medical Degree with a detailed knowledge of good publication practice across multiple therapy areas.
- A well connected, commercially oriented candidate who demonstrates a credible network and influence amongst Pharma / Medical Devices / Biotech partners with a focus on executing a medical publications strategy.
- Proven track record of successfully developing new business coupled with the commercial acumen to develop a sustainable pipeline which will signal the requirement for additional hires in this business unit.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the relevant professional bodies (ISMPP, CONSORT, COPE, ICMJE) and their guidelines.
- Working closely with international management you will play an active role in defining US market potential and qualifying realistic commercial targets across the region.
- Initially target strategic accounts and leverage professional influence to provide reasoned advice and communication recommendations to develop new business.
- Lead publication development ensuring alignment to publication strategy.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial and ‘hunter’ mind-set, dynamically growing this new business unit in line with agreed targets.
- Maintain an active client base which includes some international travel (Conferences and Associated Events).
- High growth business (worked across more than 125 countries) with a focus on quality which has been the cornerstone of its international success.
- Responding to existing accounts requirements, the client is seeking further market penetration by developing a new service offering within Medical Publications.
- Allocated extensive resource to this Pilot Project which has the potential to be significantly scaled up based on individual project success.
- Provides leadership opportunities and will reward the successful candidate with fast track opportunities if they deliver the objective to grow and establish a highly profitable publications business unit.
We are committed to making this opportunity an attractive proposition and in order to secure the services of the right quality of candidate our client is flexible on salary and benefits package.
We welcome applications from talented and commercially focussed candidates from the MedComms sector so please apply now and we can set up an initial exploratory call.
Contact: Matthew Morland
Telephone: 0114 238 1724