Microscopy Software Sales Specialist - UK, Spain & Portugal
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Two of four sunny territories isn’t bad, and I’m sure the (not so) Great British weather is bearable when you’re speaking with some of Europe’s top Scientists on behalf of a powerhouse in the Scientific Imaging space.
This team has form for developing commercially minded Scientists (and Scientific Sales Professionals early in their career) into international Sales partners for some of the greatest Research institutions in the world.
A jump to industry could therefore be a leap you’ve already made, or it could be one you’re mulling over. In either case, if you’re a Microscopy imaging whiz, like the idea of international travel, and would thrive off of getting out and talking technical with some of the globe’s most eminent Scientists and Researchers, this one might be for you.
So what’s the job?
In two words? Selling solutions.
They don’t want someone to read out specs to their clients like some sort of scientifically minded pin the tail on the problem. They need someone who’ll be a true partner, establishing fantastic networks to talk technical about some of the most cutting edge Microscopy imaging software in the market.
What’s in it for me?
- Training! – Sales professional already looking for a larger territory, or an academic with strong microscopy expertise, this team will provide you with the training to become a leading representative of the business
- International (sunny) exposure - You’d be the Microscopy Software Specialist over UK & Ire, Spain & Portugal
- Cutting edge software – They’re a leader in their field and built on innovation
- Input to strategy - You’ll be a crucial part of the team, handling your own international territory
- Opportunity for great networks – They’re always looking to partner with the worlds’ leading scientists. You’ll be the expert to make the introductions, the person they consult and ultimately, the professional to identify gaps in their capabilities and match what may be custom solutions to fit
- Broad package – Including: salary, company-wide bonus scheme, life insurance, income protection, private healthcare, a pension scheme and other benefits
…and who’re they?
- Tight knit teams – There’re four posts in this group, operating over the EMEA
- Founded on innovation – Its cliché, but true: the equipment the Founders had as students wasn’t suitable for their Research, so they built the high-performance technology they needed
- University spin-out – Funding secured over 30 years’ ago after their university saw the potential
- Financial Success – The parent company (of which this business is part) listed on the stock exchange over 30 years ago - stocks have risen 1,355% in value over the last ten
What they’re looking for:
- Microscopy or Scientific imaging expertise – A technical know-how over a range of Microscopy techniques and software is essential. Sales experience is a big plus, but by no means absolutely necessary
- Commercially driven – The day to day bench routine might be getting too much, or you may already have exposure to the Commercial world. Regardless, you’ll need to be commercially driven and be able to demonstrate an aptitude to driving sales
- Happy to travel – Roughly 30-40%. This is a client facing role, so international travel can be expected. You’ll also be expected in Ireland a significant amount of time, particularly towards the start of your tenure. For that reason you’ll ideally be based within an hour’s drive from an International airport (or willing to relocate)
Not necessary, but things that will help:
- Former experience selling Scientific imaging solutions to the Research market
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills
- Further academic training (MSc, PhD etc.) concerning Research related to Microscopy, or the use of Cellular Imaging techniques
We’re working to a tight deadline for this position, and of course I’d be more than happy to fill in the blanks. Please bear in mind though that we require a CV before doing so; please apply now and I’ll get back as soon as I can.
We’ll always try to get back to your application, but for some high volume roles, this isn’t always possible. If it’s something we can progress with, you can expect to hear back from us within a week of sending your CV.
Zest Scientific – or any subsidiary of Zest Business Group – will never submit your CV to any client (existing or prospective) without getting your full consent, and after speaking to you about the specific role with which we’re dealing.
Any questions should be directed to Jason with Zest Scientific: Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org